2. To each Reaction Bottle, slowly and carefully add the water sample to the upper marked line on the bottle (100 mL).
3. Add 3 level pink spoonfuls of First Quick TM Reagent to each Reaction Bottle. Cap bottles securely with yellow mixing caps and shake vigorously with bottles upright for 15 seconds.
4. Uncap both Reaction Bottles; add 3 level red spoonfuls of Second Reagent to each. Cap bottles securely with yellow mixing caps and shake vigorously with bottles upright for 15 seconds.
This step allows the test to tolerate Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) up to 2ppm (mg/L). If you suspect the presence of H2S by smell or testing, allow the sample to sit for 2 minutes to minimize H2S interference before proceeding to Step 5.
5. Uncap both Reaction Bottles and add 3 level white spoonfuls of Third Reagent to each. Cap bottles securely with yellow mixing caps and shake vigorously with bottle upright for 5 seconds.
6. Remove yellow mixing caps. Recap bottles securely using white reaction caps with turret up (open).
7. Remove two Arsenic test strips from the test strip bottle. Immediately recap the test strip bottle. In order for the results to be accurate, the test strips must be oriented correctly, and inserted to the correct depth.
Insert the test strip into the turret:
a) Position the strip so that the test pad and red line are facing the back of the white reaction cap (see photo).
b) Insert the strip into the turret until the red line is even with the top of the turret, and close (flip down) the turret. This will hold the test strip in place.
8. Using a timer, time the reaction for 10 minutes. Allow the reaction to occur in an undisturbed, well-ventilated area. You will notice small hydrogen gas bubbles being generated.
9. After the 10 minute wait, pull up the turrets and carefully remove the test strips. Do not touch the reaction pads. Use the Quick TM Easy-Read TM Color Chart to match the reaction pad color. Position the reacted test strip pad behind the punched holes, view center of test strip pad through the hole, and confirm precise color match and Arsenic level. Complete matching within the next 30 seconds. After 30 seconds have elapsed, the colors may begin to change. For best color matching results, use natural daylight; avoid direct sunlight.
10. Record your results.